For a .NET project, I want to add a Web Reference using a WSDL file, but there is no Add Web Reference when right clicking a project in Visual Studio 2022 / 2019. Where is it?
Visual Studio 2022 / 2019 Add Web Reference missing
It's different for modern .NET and .NET Framework projects.
For modern .NET (Core / 5 / 6 / 7):
- Right click the project in Solution Explorer, go on Add and then Connected Service
- Click Add a service reference
- Select WCF Web Service, click Next
- Add your WSDL URL in the URI or click Browse to select the WSDL file
For .NET Framework (up to 4.8):
- Right click the project in Solution Explorer, go on Add and then Service Reference
- Click the Advanced button in the lower left corner
- There you have it, again in the lower left corner, Add Web Reference
Jun 22, 2023 at 11:33
|Last Edit||Jun 22, 2023 at 11:33|
|Created||May 7, 2020 at 16:52|
Feel free to post additional info or improvement suggestions.